Mid-Atlantic Women’s Care, PLC is the first group in the Hampton Roads area to provide high quality, comprehensive women's health care service. By maintaining focus on a well crafted vision statement, this organization stands apart in its creativity and innovation in women's healthcare.
Mid-Atlantic Women's Care, the premier OB/GYN group in Hampton Roads, was created in 1997 by the merger of 11 independent OB/GYN physician groups. These physicians groups were carefully chosen and brought together because they represented the best physicians in the area. Today, this group of over 70 physicians serves a geographic area from the Outer banks of North Carolina to Hampton Roads to as far west as Franklin, Virginia.
Mid-Atlantic Women's Care, PLC vision is to be the premier provider of a full spectrum of high quality, cost-effective obstetrical and gynecological services in the Southeastern Virginia Hampton Roads region. To achieve this vision, Mid-Atlantic Women's Care, PLC has three strategic objectives:
- Allow our physicians and employees to grow within the organization to promote positive relationships with other members of the health care team, including hospitals, insurers, primary care providers and other specialists.
- Focus our attention on cost effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of limited health care resources.
- Foster a team-based approach that incorporates technology, quality, and caring into women's healthcare to create long-term, trusting provider/patient relationships.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
This physicians' group shares a common set of values and strives to deliver the highest quality care in the most cost effective manner. Through a corporate compliance plan, Mid-Atlantic ensures to every patient that the practice meets the ethical standards and complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and third-party provider contracts. Our role in women's healthcare includes the prudent application and utilization of our healthcare resources. We can achieve this by:
- demonstrating compassion, sensitivity and privacy regarding the individual needs of our patients.
- recognizing the need for incorporation of the highest clinical and technical standards into our practices. Standards of care shall remain unaffected by financial incentives of any type.
- by valuing teamwork and the ability to be proactive in an environment of change in health care. We will foster respect among members at all levels of the organization through effective communications and trust.